Where did that come From?

Okay...vacation is almost officially over and I am promising myself to diligently use this blog to write. I  need to exercise my mind, express ideas on a page, and well keep my typing skills sharp! ha ha ha! I found something that I wrote down... where did it come from? I am still not sure. I assume it must be a song that I have listened to... but by who?

If you spoke, I forgot to listen
If you touched my cheek, I was numb
If you kissed my hair, I wasn't there

If you, I forgot
If you, I wasn't

When you laughed, I heard it from far
When you smiled, I never saw
When you shared, I couldn't have cared

When you, I never
When you, I couldn't

You spoke, touched, kissed
You laughed, smiled, shared

Listen, I was there
From far, I saw
I cared.

Why did I copy this down? It reads like a story. Albeit a short one but I think I'm hoping that the writer didn't lose before they began.

Comments

Popular Posts