Thinking...

Anything.... I will read anything.  If its in front of me...found at the airport, stuffed in a drawer of a vacation rental, or on the road. My favourite past time is to crack a spine, write notes and contemplate words that others pen. I love to smell a book... So weird I know.

So I have an iPad and I read voraciously with my viewer. It is not such a great thing to buy a book and be unable to pass it on to someone.  Will someone at iTunes fix this please?? Just once. I just want to be able to share with one person without handing over my iPad!  I want to share with my Mom, best friend or friend.

Though in the iPad defence; I can read without the light on in bed, and no one knows what I'm reading enter hiding novels that are embarrassing to read at 36. (Enter anything like twilight, fifty shades, or other just SILLY books)

The point of this little entry is diaries... I have stumbled (vacation) upon "The Assassins's Cloak", "an anthology of the worlds greatest diarists" by Irene and Alan Taylor. ( so much funny comedy one thinks of when the title reads like a married couple) it's huge and I have completed all the small books laying  around.  So as I enter it...I found three parts that already I like... Words that set me off thinking, pondering..., my brain chewing the thought. Does this happen to many people still? 

"Weather cold - carriage open, and inhabitants somewhat savage - rather treacherous and highly inflamed by politics. Fine fellows though, - good materials for a nation. Out of chaos God made a world, and out of high passions comes a people." Lord Byron jan 5, 1821

Oh my! High passions! Politics! People as materials for a nation!  This filters through to another book  I am almost finished... "The pale king" by David Wallace.  Where he discusses that there is no more true "civic duty", and that the individual has taken over. I fear it's true and the soldiers for our future as "society, community, nation" are far and few between.


Comments

Popular Posts