Slightly Ridiculous Things and the Lies I tell Myself

Slightly Ridiculous Things:

My world is completely a bubble: day to day activities occur and reoccur with no relevancy.

No one in my bubble really knows anything about what is happening in Syria nor Eygpt, nor do they want to know nor care. I am pretty sure they think the war in Afghanistan is over.

I have everything I need, and pretty much everything I want but I still always want or fantasize about something else.

Most women I know want to be gorgeous "like in their twenties" when they're in their forties.

I live in a world where people tell lies to themselves and others and its okay.

Women are excited to put their kids back in school.


Lies I Tell Myself:

It's terribly difficult to sugar coat anything. I lie to myself that I can do it and often find myself clenching my teeth more and more. Seriously... have I really fooled anyone? I seriously doubt it.

I lie to myself that I am easy going. I AM NOT easy going.

I am not gaining weight. (Maybe not so much on the scale...but HAS shifted to my bottom, thighs, and belly) Forget the brackets, I am gaining weight... put down the sandwich!!

I always try to be a really good wife, mother, friend. NOPE... sometimes I just want to read, have a bath and pretend my laundry doesn't exist, my husband loves kid food, my children WANT to eat crackers and cheese for dinner, my girlfriend really doesn't want to go out for dinner with me she wants to read or sleep too!




Comments

Popular Posts